Established in 1973, the Tri-City Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship Program has provided over $1 million in scholarships to deserving students in the North San Diego County area. From the initial $100 scholarship given a student nurse at Mira Costa College, the program has grown to 90 scholarships each year representing a $75,000 annual investment in the future of health care in our community.
Scholarships are awarded in three categories.
- Students currently enrolled in a nursing school program at California State University San Marcos, MiraCosta College, or Palomar College
- Current Regular Volunteers at Tri-City Medical Center who are enrolled in an accredited college or university taking approved courses and pursuing a career in the medical field
- Current High School Volunteers at Tri-City Medical Center who are graduating and continuing their education at an accredited college or university
Applications are taken November through the second Friday of February in accordance with the type of scholarship desired.
- Nursing Students – Information and applications are available through the office of the nursing program at the appropriate college or university.
- Volunteer College Students – Qualifying individuals should contact the Auxiliary Scholarship Program Chair prior to the February deadline.
- High School Volunteers – Qualifying individuals should contact the Auxiliary Scholarship Program Chair prior to the February deadline.
- Applications are currently available to Auxiliary members at the volunteer sign-in station at the Information Desk in the hospital lobby.
Nearly all Tri-City Hospital Auxiliary scholarships are made possible by the generosity of private donors. Individual donors meet the recipient and are invited to participate in the award ceremony. Donors fall into three primary categories:
- Individual Donors – A true cross section of our community, these individuals and families annually provide the majority of scholarship funds given.
- Memorial Donors – Times of loss can create opportunities for giving. Memorial donors offer one-time or recurring gifts in remembrance of loved ones who have passed.
For information on how you can establish a scholarship, or for general information, please contact Chair Stan Kukawka at firstname.lastname@example.org, Nancy Miller at email@example.com, or leave a message in the Auxiliary Office at (760) 940-3125.